The International Office has been in operation since January, 2015. This Office has been established under the Department of Corporate Planning and Strategy within the Vice Chancellor’s Office.
a) Providing appropriate support services to international students and staff while in residence at DeKUT in liaison with other relevant university sections in relation to logistics, travel arrangements and immigration.
b) To serve as a Resource Centre for international education at DeKUT with particular emphasis on information requirements by international students and staff.
c) To co-ordinate visits to DeKUT by international scholars in liaison with the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
d)To organize the exchange of visiting/affiliates, international conference/workshops, which enhance an international presence at DeKUT.
International Student Exchange
DeKUT has a number of vibrant student exchange programmes which are in line with the University’s vision of producing globally competitive graduates and building international linkages to grow her profile as a global premier university of technology. International exchanges are life changing experiences gained by students that makes such programmes critical to the institution’s internationalization strategy.
To date, a number of DeKUT students have taken part in assignments inside leading laboratories and manufacturing facilities around the world which have had a profound effect on the technical abilities of the students. In addition, living in a foreign country for two or three months at such a early age in their careers gives students invaluable insights and offers them new lenses through which to look at the world.
DeKUT has signed memoranda of understanding with various universities globally for exchange of students. In addition, there some of DeKUT’S Student Associations facilitate student exchanges. These include the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) and the Association for the International Exchange of Students in Economics and Commerce (AIESEC). Through these mechanisms, DeKUT has been able to send and receive students from different parts of the world which has not only enhanced the diversity of the university student population but also enabled DeKUT students gain valuable international work experience.
International Student exchange programmes have a host of benefits for students in any institution. Key among them includes:
- To provide an international platform that enables young people to explore and develop their leadership potential for them to have a positive impact on society.
- To provide an enabling environment for cultural exchange
- To provide an academic atmosphere for interactive learning through lectures, travel, observation and participation.
- To provide an atmosphere for a better understanding of African issues through experience and first hand information.
- An opportunity to learn about the culture and technological expertise of other countries
- A chance to view your enterprise from a different perspective and develop present and future business partners within a global context
- To provide an integrated development experience comprised of leadership opportunities, international internships and participation in the global learning environment
Here are some things some of the students who have participated in exchange in and out of DeKUT had to say.
The Office can be reached on email via: email@example.com
on Office Extension 1140.