In order to increase the reach of its premier programs, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) opened its Nairobi Campus in September 2011, in Union Towers, Moi Avenue. The first intake was 36 students in various degree programs among them Bachelors of Procurement and Supply Chain Management (BPSM), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master in Industrial Engineering and PhD in Business administration.
In the coming semesters, the campus launched more programs in premier fields like Master in Geospatial Information Systems and Remote Sensing, Master in Geothermal energy Technology, Bachelor of Criminology and Security Management, Bachelor in Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM), Certificate in County Governance, which increased the students’ population to 76 students in the second semester. By the end of the first year the Campus population grew to 136 students.
Over the years, the campus population has grown to around 800 students.
|The Pension Towers building in Loita street where DeKUT Nairobi Campus is located,just behind the Laico Regency hotel. The Campus is in 2nd, 9th and 13th floor.|
Effective from 1st march 2016, Nairobi Campus relocated from Union Towers and Biashara Plaza to Pension Towers in Loita Street in the 2nd, 9th and 13th floor. The new location is a much better facility that is spacious, well lighted and very modern, with the state of the art lifts and other key infrastructure.
The new campus has a state of the art Library, a big computer lab of 60 PC’s, spacious lecture halls, a post graduate computer lab, post graduate lecture halls, a students’ common room for recreation, program coordinators offices, a spacious staffroom among other facilities.
In addition to meeting the Campus accreditation requirements, the campus provides a much improved and conducive learning environment for our current and future students.
A Master in Industrial Engineering lecture by Prof. Peter Muchiri in the new campus
|The spacious and well lit lecture halls in the new campus|
Currently, Nairobi Campus is offering 11 degree programmes from six departments and four Schools/Institutes. The campus offers PhD in Business Administration, four Master's programs and five Bachelor's programs namely:
- PhD in Business Administration (Specialization of HRM, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Leadership and Organizational Management)
- Master in Geothermal energy Technology
- Master in Industrial Engineering
- Master in Geospatial Information Systems and Remote Sensing
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor in Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
- Bachelor of Criminology and Security Management
- Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management (BPSM)
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM)
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
Programs to be launched
- Master in Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor in Information Technology (BIT)
- Bachelor in Business Information Technology (BBIT)
The programs are on offer in weekdays, evening and over the weekends. For more information on the Campus and the programs, we kindly welcome you to the campus in Pension Towers or you contact the office number or email@example.com.