Dr. Moses M. Ngigi
- Community and Web GIS
- Applied geoinformatics for society and environment
|2014 - Present||Senior Lecturer, Institute of Geomatics and GIS, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri, Kenya.|
|2008 - 2013||Lecturer, Department of Geomatic Engineering and Geospatial information Systems, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Nairobi, Kenya.|
|1998 - 2007||Lecturer, Kenya Institute of Surveying and Mapping (KISM), Ministry of Lands and Settlement.|
|1997 - 1998||Land Surveyor, Ministry of Lands and Settlement|
|2004-2007||PhD, Geoenvironmental Science, University of Tsukuba, Japan|
|1999 - 2001||MSc. Photogrammetry and Geoinformatics, Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany|
|1990 - 1996||BSc. Surveying, University of Nairobi. Nairobi, Kenya|
- Ngaruiya, J.K. and Ngigi M. M. 2014. Analysis of Sewer Chokes using GIS: A Case Study of Nairobi City Western Region.International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, 3 (7), 2319 – 6726
- Odero, G. O and Ngigi M. M. 2014. Using Open Source Web Mapping Application to Monitor Social Programmes: A Case Study of UNICEF Somalia. International Journal of Science and Research, 3(6),
- Magondu, M.G., Ngigi, M. M. and Mundia, C. N. 2013. Integrated Solution for Water Resources Information Management: A Case study of Athi River Catchment. International Journal of Science and Research, 2(7), 337-343
- Nduati, E. W., Mundia, C. N., and Ngigi M.M. 2013. Effects of Vegetation Change and Land Use/ Land Cover Change on Land Surface Temperature in the Mara Ecosystem. International Journal of Science and Research, 2(8), 22-28.
- Ngigi, M. M. 2007. AIDS and the city: Exploring the spatial characteristics of HIV/AIDS pandemic in Nairobi, Kenya. Geographical Review of Japan English Edition, 80(12), 291-305
- Ngigi, M. M. 2007. Urbanization, poverty, culture in the spatial patterns of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Kenya. Journal of Geography, 116, 260-274.
- Kuria D. N.,Musiega, D. E., Ngigi, M. M., and Ngugi, S. K. 2012. An open source Geographic Information System (GIS) approach to water supply management, distribution and billing. International Journal of Computer Engineering Research Vol. 3(4), pp. 55-62, November 2012
- Kuria, D. N, Ngigi, M. M., Gachari, M. K. and Kahiu, J. 2012. Setting up of a Kenya National Domestic Violence Call Center (K-NDVCC): Prototype and Pilot Implementation, International Transaction Journal of Engineering, Management & Applied Sciences & Technologies, 3(1), pp. 55 - 74. URL:http://tuengr.com/V03/55-74.pdf
- Kuria, D. N., Ngigi, M.M., Wanjiku , J. W. and Kasumuni R. K. 2011. Managing distribution of national examinations using geospatial technologies: A case study of Pumwani and Central divisions. International Journal of Computer Engineering Research Vol. 2(5), pp. 82 - 92, November 2011. ISSN 2141-6494 DOI: 10.5897/IJCER11.048
- Behr, F-J., Pradeepkumar, A. P., Ngigi, M. M., and Zimmermann, M.(Editors). 2011. Geoinformation for a better World. Proceedings Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment (AGSE 2011). AGSE Publishing, Karlsruhe, 355 pp., ISBN 978-3-943321-00-5
- Maruyama, M., Kobayashi, T., Ngigi, M. M., Nihei, T. and Tezuka, A. 2005. Regional characteristics of industries in Okaya city. Annals of Human and Regional Geography, 27, 41-74, University of Tsukuba.
Conferences and Posters
- Nduati, E. W., Mundia, C. N., Ngigi, M. M., and Kenduiywo, B. K. 2013. A Remote Sensing-based approach to Evaluation of Trends and Impacts of Land Surface changes in the Mara Ecosystem.Proceedings of Global Geospatial Conference 2013,Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 4-8 November 2013
- Nduati, E. W., Mundia, C. N., Ngigi, M. M., and Kenduiywo, B. K. 2013. Effect of Vegetation Change and Land Use/ Land Cover Change on Land Surface Temperature. In Second Annual International Conference on: Challenges of Development in Africa. Catholic University of Eastern Africa., June 25-29, 2013, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Magondu, M. G. and Ngigi M. M. 2013. Web-Based Water Resources Information Management System: A Case Study of Water Resources Management Authority. In 2013 Sustainable Research and Innovation Conference.April 23-26, 2013, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya
- Ngigi M.M, and Wangai, L.M. 2012. “GIS in Logistics and Transportation for a Dairy Co-operative Society in Kenya.” Proceedings of the Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment Conference (AGSE 2012), July 2012, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Ngigi M.M, Musiega, D and Mulefu, F.O. 2012. “Planning and Analysis of Educational Facilities using GIS: A Case Study of Busia County, Kenya.” Proceedings of the Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment Conference (AGSE 2012), July 2012, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Ngigi M.M, Agutu, N., and Kuria D. 2011 “GIS in Healthcare Planning and Provision: A Case Study of Homa-Bay District, Kenya.” Proceedings of the Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment Conference (AGSE 2011), August 2011.
- Kuria, D., Ngugi, S., Ngigi, M., and Musiega, D. 2011. “An Open Source GIS Solution for Managing Water Supply, Distribution and Billing. Proceedings of the 4th Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment Conference (AGSE 2011), August 2011.
- Kuria, D., Mwangi, N. and Ngigi, M.. 2010 “A prototype digital cadastral information system for the survey of Kenya”. Proceedings of the Applied Geoinformatics for Society and Environment Conference (AGSE 2010), August 2010.
- Kuria, D., Mwangi, E., and Ngigi, M. 2009. Managing and marketing real estate properties using ArcGIS. In 4th ESRI Eastern Africa User Conference, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, September 24-25, 2009.
- Kuria D., Kamunge, H., and Murimi, M. 2009. Determination of ground-water recharge zones in the Mertri Acquifer utilizing geospatial technologies. In Africa GIS 2009 International Conference, Kampala, Uganda, October 26th-30th 2009.
- Mwangi N., Kuria D., and Murimi, M. 2009. Towards the development of a digital cadastral information system for the Survey of Kenya. In The Africa GIS 2009 International conference, Kampala Uganda, October 26th-30th, 2009.
- Kuria D., Kasumuni, R., and Ngigi M. 2009. Development of a GIS for KNEC with emphasis on efficient distribution of National Examination. In Abstracts of the Annual Seminar-Series 11. Theme: Sustainable Research and Innovations, SCC100 JKUAT, April 2 and 3rd 2009.
- Ngigi M.M., Gachari, M.K, and Waithaka E.H. 2008.Using GIS to Explore the Geographic Distribution Characteristics of the HIV/AIDS Pandemic in Nairobi City, Kenya. In 3rd ESRI Eastern Africa User Conference (EAUC), Nairobi, Kenya, October 23-24, 2008
- Ngigi, M.M. 2006. Exploring the spatial distribution of PLWA in Nairobi city. In Proceedings of the 15th Annual Meeting of GIS Association of Japan, Nihon University, October 17-18.
- Ngigi, M.M. and Murayama, Y., 2006. AIDS and the City: Examining the spatial characteristic of the HIV/AIDS pandemic in Nairobi. In Research Abstracts on Spatial Information Science. CSIS DAYS 2006, University of Tokyo, October 4-5.
Consultation hours: Tuesday, 16-17:00 hours. Wednesday: 14hrs – 17hrs.