You can borrow books and other information materials to use in and out of the library for a specified duration. The following procedures and regulations apply:
- To borrow books, one must produce their staff or student ID card for identification
- Only bonafied students and members of staff of Dedan Kimathi University are allowed to borrow books from the University Library
- Impersonation is NOT allowed
You are only allowed to extend one time the duration of the material you had borrowed from the University library and that is in cases where no one else has requested it.
Need a book and another user has borrowed it? We can reserve the book for you so that you can have it as soon as it is returned.
As information professionals, you can count on us to train you on how to access, evaluate, retrieve, use, reference, and generate information and information products.
Our librarians can provide you with direction to library materials, advice on library collections and services, and expertise on multiple kinds of information from various sources within and outside the library.
Registered members can borrow materials as indicted
- Undergraduates 4 items 2 weeks
- Postgraduates 5 items 1 month
- Staff 5 items 1 month
It should however be noted that the University library reserves the right to amend the borrowing policy from time to time.