Welcome to the Dedan Kimathi University Library webpage, it is our hope that you will make the fullest use of the Library and its information services, sources and resources.
Dedan Kimathi University Library plays a central role in the University College. Its primary responsibility is to assist its users in the process of transforming information to Knowledge. Dedan Kimathi University of Technology Library is located on the second floor of Dedan Kimathi university Resource Centre one.
The library plays the following functions and roles in the University College.
- It acts as a centre of information collection, storage, retrieval & dissemination for students, lecturers, & administrative staff.
- It actively participates in the provision and dissemination of information for academic excellence and quality education while aspiring to remain relevant and vital in the university.
- It also acts as a centre of education and research services to the clientele. It creates and nurtures a reading culture through the expansive information resources that are housed in the library
To provide competitive, adequate and relevant information services in support of learning, teaching and research
To be an information centre that provides access to quality information that enhances research, training and technological advancement
- Selecting and acquiring up-to-date information resources in all formats that are relevant to the information needs of the university
- Organizing the library collection using the internationally accepted standards to allow for easy retrieval
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining a wide range of services that will support the academic programmes of the University and encourage optimum exploitation of the resources of the library.
- Building the skills of its users continuously by conducting proper user education and instruction through a variety of methods in order to provide guidance to the library’s collection
- Recruiting, developing and retaining well qualified, experienced and dedicated professional library staff in the area of library and information sciences who will offer high quality services to the users of the library.
- Adopting technologies that will make information resources accessible to the University community in an efficient and effective manner
Dedan kimathi University has two campus Libraries,
- The main campus library (Main University Library)
- The Nairobi CBD library.
The University Library boosts of having access to over 200,000 e-books from various databases and a collection of approximately 30,000 volumes of physical books. Furthermore, the University library also has access to approximately 20,000 e-journals in various subject areas.
All University students and staff have full access these e-resources, the University library subscribes to e-books and e-journals which can be accessed from both the LAN and WAN. To access off campus passwords and Usernames have to be issued to Library users for control purposes. The library has access to the following;
|1||Fredrick Otike||University Librarian|
|2||Paul Mbua||Senior Librarian|
|2||Lydia Muriithii||Head of Circulation services|
|4||Teresia Gachanja||Circulation services|
|5||Beatrice Luvale||Head Nairobi Campus Library|
|6||Florence Mwangi||Nairobi CBD Campus library|
|7||Purity Muriuki||Nairobi CBD Campus library|
|8||Eunice Jematia||Head Cataloging & Processing Section|
|9||Edith Nyandiye||Cataloging & Processing Section|
|10||Simon Katumo||Cataloging & Processing Section|
|11||Lucy Muthoni||Head Africana & Special Collection|
|12||Maina Waweru||Head of Digitization, Automation & Systems|
|13||Charles Mugambi||In-Charge Reprographic services|