Contacts : P.O. Box 14345-00100 Nairobi
2010 - 2013 PHD (Human Resource Management) Edith Cowan University, Western Australia
2003 - 2006 Master in Business Administration (Human Resource Management),Kenyatta University, Kenya
1988 - 1991 Bachelor of Education - Home Economics Kenyatta University, Kenya
2013 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Skills Strategies International, Australia
2012 Senior Management Course Kenya School of Government, Mombasa
2008 Higher National Diploma in Counseling Psychology Kenya Institute of Professional Counseling
|21st August 2015 to Date||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||Chairman Business Administration|
|July 2015 to 21st August 2015||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||Lecturer, School of Business and Management|
|Mar 2014 – 30th June 2015||PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION www.publicservice.go.ke||(Resumed Duty after Study Leave) Assistant Director of Education-INSET unit|
|September 2014 –Date||RIARA UNIVERSITY||Adjunct Lecturer in Business courses (Total Quality Management, Corporate governance, Leadership in organizations, organizational behavior etc.)|
|Feb 2011 –Mar 2014||PERTH INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS &TECHNOLOGY www.pibt.wa.edu.au Mt Lawley,Western Australia||Off-shore Unit Coordinator (Human Resources Management)|
|Mar 2011 –Dec 2013||ENDEAVOUR COLLEGE OF NATURAL HEALTH www.endeavour.edu.au||Sessional Lecturer|
|May 2010 - Nov 2011|| EDITH COWAN UNIVERSITY www.ecu.edu.au
||Sessional Lecturer & Tutor|
|Jul 2006 - Jan 2010||District Education Office||Senior Education Officer|
|Mar 1999 - Jul 2006||Education Officer 1||Examination Officer|
|May 1991 - Feb 1999||TEACHER’S SERVICE COMMISSION www.tsc.go.ke||Secondary School Teacher & Head of Department, Creative Arts|
- Ngure, S. W. (2014). “Keeping Cars on the Road: Obstacles and Opportunities in Vocational Education and Training Processes in Kenya for the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Industry”Journal of Business and Ecnomics, ISSN 2155-7950, USA January 2014, Volume 5, No. 1, pp. 122-134. Academic Star Publishing Company, 2014 http://www.academicstar.
- Ngure, S. W. (2013). Where to vocational education in Kenya?: is analysing training and development needs the answer to the challenges in this sector? Journal of Education and Vocational Research. Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 193-204, June 2013 (ISSN 2221-2590).
- Ngure, S.W. & Njiru, E (2013) Capacity Building in the Public Service in Kenya: An Evaluation of the Senior Management Course, Volume. 2, Issue. 4 Part 1 of International Review of Management and Business Research.
- Ngure, S. W. (2013). Stakeholders' perceptions of technical, vocational education and training: the case of Kenyan micro and small enterprises in the motor vehicle service and repair industry (Doctoral Dissertation).
- Presented a Paper at the The Inaugural Academy of International Business (AIB) Conference August 13 –15, 2014, Africa Rising, The Internationalization of African Firms and the Prospects for Western and Eastern Multinationals on “Stakeholders evaluation of job-related skills acquisition in the Technical Vocational, Education and Training: A case of Kenya’s small businesses global competitiveness.
- Presented a Paper at the 4th African International Business and Management (AIBUMA) Conference: Business and Management Outlook: Optimism or Pessimism, organized by University of Nairobi, School of Business, on “An Evaluation of Public Services Management Training Programmes: The Case of Kenya School of Government, Senior Management Course”, at Lower Kabete Campus, Nairobi, Kenya, July 11-12, 2013.
- Presented a Paper at the 4th African International Business and Management (AIBUMA) Conference: Business and Management Outlook: Optimism or Pessimism, organized by University of Nairobi, School of Business, on “Keeping Cars on the Road: Obstacles and Opportunities in Vocational Education and Training Processes in Kenya for the Motor Vehicle Service and Repair Industry”, at Lower Kabete Campus, Nairobi, Kenya, July 11-12, 2013.
- Presented a Paper at The Kenya Institute of Education Symposium in January on 24th and 25th January, 2013: “Responsiveness of the Curriculum to National Development and Globalization, on “Mismatch of skills between industry and VET in Kenya. Is a comprehensive training and development needs assessment the answer?”
- Poster presentation at 26th annual Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) conference: Managing for volatility and instability, in Perth Australia on “Training needs assessment in the motor vehicle service industry in Kenya: Obstacles and opportunities.”
- Ngure, S. W. (2008). A comparative study of performance between public and private primary schools in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education examination in Murang'a district (Masters Dissertation).