- All library users must produce their identification as required during the service period.
- Order and silence must be maintained at all times in the library. Smoking, eating, drinking and sleeping in the library is prohibited.
- Briefcases, bags, overcoats, hats, umbrellas are not allowed in the library and should be deposited at the luggage area at the user’s own risk.
- Loan procedures must be adhered to before any library and information materials are taken out of the library. An attempt to take improperly loaned materials will be treated as theft and appropriate disciplinary measures will be taken against the offenders.
- All persons leaving the library must show all their documents to the security staff at the exit.
- Use of mobile phones or any devices likely to cause disturbance in the library is prohibited. Ink bottles, paint and other electronic gadgets which may accidentally damage library material and other facilities are not allowed in the library.
Any lost or mutilated information materials on loan will be replaced at the full cost of the material (current cost) plus 20 per cent administrative charges.
- Fine of ksh. 10 per day per item is charged for all overdue of short-loan materials and Long-Loan Materials.
- The right to borrow may be withdrawn until all books have been returned and any outstanding fines have been paid.
- All registered members of the library must clear with the university library at the expiry of their membership.
- There is a copyright protection law on most of the library materials. Deliberate infringement on this law e.g. unauthorized copying, is a criminal offence.
- However, permissible limits of not more than a quarter of a book may be made for academic purposes. All library users must observe these limits in the library premise or elsewhere.
NB: The library reserves the right to withdraw library use rights on the basis of violation of set guidelines