previous arrow
next arrow


Admission of International Students

Visa Information and Students pass

All foreign students/interns need to note that they need a Kenyan Visa to travel to Kenya.  On first entry, the student/intern is issued with a 90 day visitors visa which can be obtained online via . The cost is $51 and you are issued with an e-visa which you present to the Immigration Officers at the airport upon entry. The application is a simple process   and you just need your invitation/admission letters from the university.   For a longer term stay, you need to apply for a student/intern pass depending on whether one is an intern or a student.   

International Students Pass

This is a document issued to the person(s) seeking to enter and remain in the Kenya for the purpose of receiving education or training at an educational or training establishment within the country by which he/she has been accepted as a student.

To apply for a student pass you need first to create a login account in the Government of Kenya Single Sign On portal. You can then log in through the account you have created and click on the apply now link. For more details on student visa please go to