DeKUT holds the 7th STI & E Conference
We held the 7th DeKUT International Conference on Science, Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship from the 8th of November, 2023, to the 10th of November, 2023. The theme of the Conference was Leveraging Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability and Development.
The Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (STI&E) International Conference aims to bring together international scholars working in a wide range of research fields and create a platform for them to present, discuss, engage and publish research work related to development.
STI&E provides researchers from local and international institutions a forum to discuss and share ideas on the latest innovations and research outputs that address local and global challenges and those that improve the quality of life for the people and inform the decision-making process in matters of development by government and businesses. International delegates came from countries such as Nigeria and Japan.
The areas of presentation were:
- Engineering Technologies and Innovations
- Business Management and entrepreneurship
- Basic sciences and technologies
- Agricultural Sciences and Technologies
- Water, Energy, GIS and Remote Sensing
- Health Sciences, Community Development and Post Covid-19 Dynamics
- ICT and Data Science, IoT, AI and Emerging Technologies
- Tourism, Wildlife, Hospitality Management and Climate Change
- Security Management, Forensic and Contemporary Crimes
- Trends in Technical Education and Training
- Project Management for Micro-Public Projects
We also launched the Prof. Paul Ndirangu Kioni Innovation Award during the conference. The award will appreciate the outstanding submissions on innovation and entrepreneurship.
The winners of this year's conference were an undergraduate team represented by Elizabeth Wairimu, who was awarded the Prof. Minoru Sasaki Young Researchers Award Category, and the second winner was Jacinta Njeri, who was awarded the Prof. Paul Ndirangu Kioni Innovation Award.
The participants, judges, staff and students who attended the conference attended a tree-planting session in the Dedan Kimathi Science and Technology Park (DeKUT STP) to mark the end of this year's successful conference.